We’re passionate about helping.
We provide psychiatry and counseling services to Northwest Chicago.
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry is open and accepting calls for counseling and medication management services.
For nearly 10 years, we have been honored by the trust you place in us to provide mental health services to you and your loved ones. In today’s challenging environment, we want to provide you more information as to how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, supporting our community and all of our clients is a key priority, and our team of mental health professionals are hard at work to avoid treatment disruptions from the COVID-19 virus while at the same time acting responsibly to do what we can to prevent further spread. We will continue to update this page with any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust in The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry.
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry is a private group practice dedicated to the practice, improvement, and dissemination of empirically supported treatments for children, adolescents, and adults located in Algonquin, Saint Charles and the surrounding communities.
At the Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, we provide support, information, and education about the use of medication for children, adolescents and adults. Our skilled and experienced medical professionals meet with clients and work collaboratively to identify the most appropriate medication to assist the client in living a richer and more effective life.
We’re compassionate and caring behaviorally oriented therapists committed to our clients. At our center, behavioral therapy is not just a therapy approach; it’s a way of looking at the world and understanding human behavior. Compassion and caring are the hallmarks of our therapy work with the added benefits of behavioral interventions.
At the Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, we are:
- Committed to evidence-based practices including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) primarily.
- We are specialists in treating anxiety (social anxiety, OCD, PTSD), depression, mild to severe emotion dysregulation problems, high conflict relationships, and parent coaching.
- Interested in developing resiliency with children, adolescents, adults and families.
- Interested in helping clinicians develop a professional career that fosters clinical work, ongoing learning, and clinical innovation.
- Able to see clients on Saturday & weekday evenings.
Our Vision and Mission:
- We practice honesty and integrity and believe that they are the foundation of strong therapeutic, business, and personal relationships
- We provide our clients with clear help, support, and resources.
- We respect ourselves and each other so that we grow strong relationships everywhere we work and live.
- We believe that a person’s physical environment matters and we strive to make our office a warm, relaxing and safe place to be.
- We believe in the creative process and encourage creativity and new ideas in ourselves and our clients.
- We believe in the impact of partnership and the power of many hearts and minds working in unison.
- We believe that honest, sensitive communication supports the evolution of our friendships, work life, and communities.
- We believe that our core values and beliefs shape our entire life and so we are open to being reminded of these.
Meet Our Team
Saint Charles Office
Open for Outpatient Individual, Group Counseling and Medication Management Services.
Play therapy allows children to express themselves and their emotions through play and art as it is more natural for them.
Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States and the 2nd leading cause of death in people 10-34 years old. Chances are you or someone you…
Suicide occurs across all ages and
while we often think of mental health concerns as occurring only with adults and adolescents, it
is important to remember that children can also experience anxiety and depression.
Suicide impacts people in many ways. It often has a devastating effect on families, friends, and communities. The signs may appear in conversations, through their actions, or in social media posts.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a therapy modality that focuses on past negative experiences/ events that keep surfacing in the present moment.
For some students, returning to school can lead to a significant increase in stress and anxiety and these emotional responses can sometimes interfere with a successful transition and/or academic progress.
PMHNPs are also available to discuss
diagnosis and the role of medication
What is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is defined by the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something. It is the basic human ability to be present.
If you want to put things in order, to move your family in the direction of your values, you will have to apply relatively consistent effort over time. You can be certain that within days, weeks, or months after creating a great plan, you will notice a break down in the system.
Kids who have trouble communicating may not want to talk at all. The job of the parent is to encourage the child to begin or join in conversation as much as possible. This will most definitely help your child begin to feel more comfortable opening up.
Antidepressant medication can be helpful in addressing presenting target symptoms such as the sleep disruption, change in appetite, low energy, hopelessness, negative outlook, thoughts of suicide, and anhedonia.
Our society that was trying to come to terms of our “new normal” has welcomed a new stressor. How do we reintegrate back into society after Covid times.