We’re passionate about helping.
We provide psychiatry and counseling services to Northwest Chicago.
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry is open and accepting calls for counseling and medication management services.
For nearly 10 years, we have been honored by the trust you place in us to provide mental health services to you and your loved ones. In today’s challenging environment, we want to provide you more information as to how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
At The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, supporting our community and all of our clients is a key priority, and our team of mental health professionals are hard at work to avoid treatment disruptions from the COVID-19 virus while at the same time acting responsibly to do what we can to prevent further spread. We will continue to update this page with any changes.
Thank you for your continued trust in The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry.
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry
The Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry is a private group practice dedicated to the practice, improvement, and dissemination of empirically supported treatments for children, adolescents, and adults located in Algonquin, Saint Charles and the surrounding communities.
At the Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, we provide support, information, and education about the use of medication for children, adolescents and adults. Our skilled and experienced medical professionals meet with clients and work collaboratively to identify the most appropriate medication to assist the client in living a richer and more effective life.
We’re compassionate and caring behaviorally oriented therapists committed to our clients. At our center, behavioral therapy is not just a therapy approach; it’s a way of looking at the world and understanding human behavior. Compassion and caring are the hallmarks of our therapy work with the added benefits of behavioral interventions.
At the Center for Collaborative Counseling and Psychiatry, we are:
- Committed to evidence-based practices including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) primarily.
- We are specialists in treating anxiety (social anxiety, OCD, PTSD), depression, mild to severe emotion dysregulation problems, high conflict relationships, and parent coaching.
- Interested in developing resiliency with children, adolescents, adults and families.
- Interested in helping clinicians develop a professional career that fosters clinical work, ongoing learning, and clinical innovation.
- Able to see clients on Saturday & weekday evenings.
Our Vision and Mission:
- We practice honesty and integrity and believe that they are the foundation of strong therapeutic, business, and personal relationships
- We provide our clients with clear help, support, and resources.
- We respect ourselves and each other so that we grow strong relationships everywhere we work and live.
- We believe that a person’s physical environment matters and we strive to make our office a warm, relaxing and safe place to be.
- We believe in the creative process and encourage creativity and new ideas in ourselves and our clients.
- We believe in the impact of partnership and the power of many hearts and minds working in unison.
- We believe that honest, sensitive communication supports the evolution of our friendships, work life, and communities.
- We believe that our core values and beliefs shape our entire life and so we are open to being reminded of these.
Meet Our Team
Saint Charles Office
Open for Outpatient Individual, Group Counseling and Medication Management Services.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an evidence-based therapeutic approach that focuses on past negative experiences (memories) that are emotionally charged and driven. EMDR utilizes the learning capabilities of…
What is EMDR? EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing. Eye movement or other forms of bilateral stimulation seem to activate problem-solving processes, something that happens during REM sleep when…
What is trauma? Trauma is defined as a deeply distressing or disturbing experience. Trauma can occur at any time in an individual’s life. Not all traumatic events leave visible marks…